June is National Safety Month – an opportunity to think about safety tips for adults and kids everywhere. PeopleFinders is committed to helping people keep themselves and their families safe, so we are happy to promote this worthwhile cause.
National Safety Council
National Safety Month is sponsored by the The National Safety Council (NSC), a group that is dedicated to “preventing injuries and deaths at work, on the roads and in homes and communities.” Every year the NSC announces specific safety topics that they will focus on in June. This year the topics include:
- Prescription Drug Overdose Prevention
- Teen Driving Safety
- Preventing Overexertion at Work & at Home
- Dangers of Cell Phone Use While Driving
- Summer Safety
The NSC encourages everyone to get involved and do their part to make this world a safer place for everyone.
At PeopleFinders, we promote the importance of safety all year long. We offer Comprehensive Background Checks that you can use to learn more about the history of someone you may deal with personally or professionally; Criminal Records Reports so you can find out if any person has an offense on file; and a Sex Offender Search to help you discover important details about registered offenders living near your home, children’s school or any other location.
Every June, PeopleFinders is honored to participate in the Safetyville USA Family Safety & Health Exposition in Sacramento, CA. Safetyville is a replica of a city built in 1/3 scale where children can enjoy tours that focus on safety tips for kids about electricity, fire, bicycling, vehicles and other potential hazards. PeopleFinders will participate in this exciting event on June 12, 2010 between 10am – 3pm.
More Safety Events
June is loaded with events that are designed to teach people about safety:
- June 6 – 12 is National Tire Safety Week, the perfect time to consider safety tips while driving.
- June 13 – 15 is the annual Safety Exposition in Maryland, where members of the Safety, Health and Environmental industries gather to discuss essential safety issues.
- June 20 – 26 is Fire/EMS Safety, Health and Survival Week, a safety-oriented program sponsored by the International Association Of Fire Chiefs.
As summer begins, the kids get out of school and families everywhere plan vacations, everyone should take a moment to think about safety. Have a fun and safe June, and thank you for reading the PeopleFinders People Search blog.